Thursday, July 23, 2009

Billy has discovered his hands . . .

And apparently they belong in his mouth! He started bringing his hands to his mouth last Friday, along with anything he may be clutching on to (toy, burpcloth, my finger). Sometimes when he gets a little fussy, all we have to do is put his hand by his mouth and he starts sucking on it to calm himself down. He actually prefers his hands to his pacifier lately. I'll bet all you parents out there know what this will lead to. Yep, last night he found his thumb! When I saw what he was doing and got the camera, I discovered that he was putting himself to sleep with the sucking! Jay and I had already decided that we wanted to try to keep our kids from sucking their thumbs, but I didn't realize how CUTE it would be! Arghhhhh!



2 comments:

  1. It is dang cute! My first two liked pacifiers and they were so much easier to get away than thumbs, but the baby can put the thumb in without help, as opposed to me having to always find and stick the paci back in. So yeah, Belle's a thumbsucker and I'm not looking forward to breaking her of it :(

    ReplyDelete