Friday, July 17, 2009

Life is Good

. . . when you get a good night's sleep! Billy made it 8 hours last night! He's still inconsistent, but typically he gives me 5-6+ hours of uninterrupted sleep. He cried a little at 5 this morning, but when I got to his room, he had fallen back to sleep. He woke us up at 6:45, but not with crying; he was wide awake, just talking to himself!

Billy used to take great naps during the day - at least two hours, occasionally as much as 3-4. But lately those long naps have turned into 30-45 minute cat naps. I mentioned this to a friend, who asked if I had tried a swing. I have a Boppy swing, but I haven't tried it in a while because Billy hated it. My friend's little girl is 14 months old, so she let me borrow their swing. It's a Fisher-Price Papasan cradle swing, and it might just be the greatest invention EVER! Billy instantly loved it. I don't think he'd mind swinging in it all day long! Hmm, I could take advantage of this!

On a side note, if anyone was thinking about renting the movie "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage, DON'T!!! What a horrible movie. It's right up there with "Home Fries" (Luke Wilson and Drew Barrymore) and "Solaris" (George Clooney). Geri Anne, remember when we had to leave early because the theater smelled like smoke? Darn!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks! We are SO excited! It's about time right?! haha. I am only 6 weeks so we have a LONG way to go! I have been feeling fine! I am just tired a lot. I am crossing my fingers tired is all I get. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never thought george could disappoint me...until i tried to watch that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some serious dimples man! He is getting huge! Glad to see yall are doing well down there.
    Drew

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Knowing" had a great premise but it really did not flesh it out, and what a crappy ending. I knew it was in and out of the theaters so I didn't have high hopes, but even then it stunk. The two documentaries in the Special Features were better than the movie itself. I have officially sworn off Nicolas Cage movies for good. He hasn't done anything good since "The Rock".

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dang, we just watched it this week before I read you post and it was crummy, I'm totally a happy ending kind of girl. I don't know what "The Rock" is Shane, but I like the National Treasure movies :)

    ReplyDelete