Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Random things

So I have one of these super cool Vita Mixers. I make a smoothie almost every morning with OJ, acai berry (love this stuff), Greens First powder (thanks, mom!), Flax seed, carrots, yogurt, banana, frozen berries, ice, and sherbet. Jay and I have really noticed a difference since we started using the acai berry. I'm totally not as hungry during the day and I'm finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight! The Vita Mix is awesome. It pulverizes anything you put in there. Well, almost anything . . .

This morning it was making these strange cracking noises and I thought the blade was broken. We ended up with a pretty chunky smoothie, but I was afraid to run the mixer anymore. I was sure Vita Mix would replace whatever was broken, but I would have to send it back to the company and who knows how long it would take. I couldn't handle eating the chunky smoothie; I found a few pieces of seeds and whatnot, so I ended up throwing it out. Jay came home at lunch with a solution to the mixer problem . . . a ROCK! Seriously, a rock. It must have been in the bag of berries. Looked a little like a blueberry, I guess. So we actually ate little pieces of rock today! Do rocks have protein?

William Buckley update:
He's still super cute, and super sweet, and a super good night sleeper. We're working on naps now. He's moving around a lot. When we lay him in his crib, he almost instantly rolls onto his tummy, and ends up shimmying up to the corner of his crib.
When he's on his tummy, he likes to push his butt into the air.He has definitely discovered his feet. He likes to suck on his big toe.That or his thumb. He prefers his thumb to a pacifier. I usually find him with his thumb in his mouth when I go get him after a nap.
We also have a new nephew. Jay's sister, Emily, gave birth to Rodney Jones Kleinman on Labor Day!

7 comments:

  1. You have to give me that recipe! Sounds great. I am also a big smoothy person, but have gotten out of the habit. This is a good incentive. Glad the naps are going well. Billy is so cute, can't wait to see him tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where do you get the acai berry? Maya always snuggled up to her crib bumper, too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I buy the acai berry at Sam's Club, in the vitamin section (it's liquid). It's kind of expensive, but I only use 1 oz in each smoothie. There are a few different kinds to choose from, and I just get the cheapest one. I'm sure they have it at Costco. Let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How amazing it that!! The Vita Mixer even tries to smooth out ROCKS and does not even break the blade. So how does a rock get in a bottle of liquid Acai Berry juice? That is one for the books! Now that we are back from Colorado I will start enjoying smoothies again. Costco here I come for some Acai Berries. Minus the rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete