Monday, September 14, 2009

A good book

I haven't read much these past few months. A couple of months ago I read "The Appeal", by John Grisham, whose books I usually love, but I was really disappointed by that one. Everyone has been talking about how good "The Hunger Games" was, so Billy and I finally ventured out to the McAllen public llibrary and I checked it out. Last night I couldn't fall asleep, so I decided to read until I got tired. Problem was, I didn't get tired! I ended up staying up until 1, and then finished it off this afternoon thanks to Billy's long nap! So when does the next one come out?


Here's my token Billy picture (in his 9 month Carters sleeper)!

8 comments:

  1. I think the next one is already out...and I've heard so many good things about those books! I should get my hands on one...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's out and I've already read it. It good, a little depressing, but a definite page turner! It's called "Catching Fire".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Apparently it's too new for our library. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked too. I didn't know the second was out, will have to find it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a big John Grisham fan and the first half of The Appeal was definately promising but I was sorely dissapointed by the ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you read The Associate, Shane? Reviews weren't that great.

    Helen, Natalie has the first chapter of Catching Fire on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm too lame to read books right now other than trying to keep up with what my kids are reading. So I'm not much help there... Billy is getting SO big. I can't wait to meet him. Heather was in 2T by her first birthday, so be ready to blow through more clothes in the next few months! Love ya and miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete