Wednesday, September 23, 2009

5 1/2 months old



















Everybody told me how fast he would grow up, but nothing can prepare you! Billy is almost sitting up, eating pureed solids, "talking" all the time, and sliding and rolling all over. He is really happy for the most part, but lately he's been more fussy than usual. I think he's about to cut his first tooth, so we'll let it slide. He's a great sleeper, taking 2 naps
a day (1-2+ hours), and then sleeps about 13 hours at night. We're lucky, I know. I keep telling myself that because the next one could be a terrible sleeper, so I am enjoying this! This morning Jay and I woke up at 5:30 to the sounds of heavy rain and Billy talking to himself. He went on and on for a half hour before falling back to sleep (with the help of his thumb, I am sure!). He's gaining more control over his arms and hands, and has started to pull hair and touch our faces. I love when he puts both hands on my cheeks, and then tries to put my face in his mouth!Billy is doing a lot better with solids. I pureed some butternut squash and sweet potato, and I plan on making green beans soon so he doesn't turn orange! He literally sucks his thumb ALL the time, and this doesn't stop when he eats. He likes to shove his thumb in right after I've given him a bite, so feedings are a pretty messy time.I think it's time to move him into a regular bathtub. He moves around so much now, and usually I am soaking wet and the floor needs to be mopped after his bath!

1 comment: