Wednesday, October 13, 2010

We are here!

Well, kind of! Billy and I flew in this morning, and Jay and his mom are driving the Penske truck. Thank goodness we got to fly because a few hours on a plane with an 18 month old has to be better than 20+ hours in a car with an 18 month old! Not to mention being 32 weeks pregnant. There isn't much room for a wiggly toddler on my lap these days!

But speaking of an active 18 month old, Billy went to nursery last Sunday for the first time! That was so fun to drop him off, and yes, I definitely peeked in on him occasionally through the little window! I walked up during snack time and saw him sitting in one of those little chairs at a little table, and was thinking about how cute he looked, until he picked up a snack and threw it on the ground! The nursery leader had a very confused look on her face as she went over to pick it up. Of course, I'm cracking up at the window because this is exactly what Billy does at home with his little buddy, Sam! But the really funny part was that the other kids at Billy's table had full plates of snacks, and Billy's was nearly empty! And no, they weren't all on the ground. I've been told more than once that Billy is a "good eater," and I think I'm going to hear that a LOT through the years.

We celebrated Jay's 32nd birthday on Monday with lots of packing, running errands, and dinner with friends. Oh, and he (we) even got to see little Reagan on his birthday. She even winked at him! We got an ultrasound picture with one of her eyes open, which I will upload when we get moved in and get our computer set up . . . Anyway, happy birthday, Jay! Sorry it couldn't be a little more relaxing of a day for you!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you guys got there safely. Good idea with the whole plane ride thing! 20 hours would be crazy!

    Can't wait to see more pictures once you get settled in.

    Happy Birthday Jay!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! I finally got an account so I can comment on here. I can't believe you are already 32 weeks! So excited for you. Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete