Thursday, August 26, 2010

My Sweet Boys


This is what happens after we spend 1 1/2 hours at the splash park! Billy had such a fun time playing in the water and going up and down the stairs on the playground. The Bishop's wife was there with her 5 kids, and they are especially sweet with Billy. Anytime he fell down on the splashpad, at LEAST one of them was there to pick him up! Sam had fun, too. He chased after us up the stairs on the playground and even went down the slide on my lap!

When we got home, we went to Billy's favorite spot (a pile of blankets in the corner of his room), ate a snack, read books, and barely got through one song before I realized he was snoozing! He ended up sleeping right there for about 3 hours! We're debating getting him a toddler bed, but I worry about what he would do in his room if he got up during the night. This kid loves to pull cords out of electrical outlets and try to put them back in!

I love how Sam is laying next to him in this picture. Lately, Billy has become much more interested in Sam. He likes to give him treats and toys and laughs when he gets hyper and runs around the house. He will randomly reach over and pet him on his back or poke around his face. Yesterday I caught him with a finger in his nose! Poor Sam! He is such a good dog. He has always been very sweet and calm with Billy. He has put up with a lot already as Billy has been growing up, so it's fun to see Billy becoming more interactive and playful with him. I'm excited to see how their little relationship continues to change as Billy gets older. I'm so glad he has such a sweet friend, and I hope that we'll be blessed to have little Sammer with us for a long time.

1 comment: