Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Billster

I can't believe how quickly this little guy changes week to week. He has turned into such an independent, playful, social, sweet kiddo. I guess the only new personality trait there is the independence, but the others have definitely been amplified by his new independence. Walking has opened up a whole new world to him. He's constantly walking back and forth from his toys in the living room to his bedroom (where his books, blankies, and potato heads are). He's really into potato heads right now. That's actually what he is playing with at this very moment, while I sit in the rocking chair writing this. Oh, and by the way, Sam is sleeping right next to him.

Another big change is Billy's relationship with dad. BIlly went through a crazy phase when he was about 1 year where he would scream if I left the room, leaving him alone with dad. Jay has always loved his time with Billy on the evenings and weekends that I work, but for a while there it wasn't very fun! Things have definitely gotten better over the past few months, but lately I think Billy has REALLY bonded with dad. On Sunday, Billy and I walked into Gospel Doctrine, and when he saw dad at the front of the class, he bee-lined straight for him and grunted to be picked up! So cute. This morning when Jay left for work, he said goodbye to us on the couch, but Billy wanted to walk him out like we usually do, so he followed him to the door, and reached up to grab his finger. That's gotta make a daddy feel good! Billy has been a little slow with the whole waving business, but today dad got an excited double wave - both hands! It's sweet to see him act like this with dad.


One of Billy's favorite places. If he's in his room and I don't hear any noises, this is where I usually find him, usually with a book or a blankie.

Yesterday I gave BIlly some slices of avocado, which he really liked, but he had WAY more fun squishing it through his fingers and rubbing it on his chest. The highchair needed to be cleaned anyway, so I took baby and chair straight outside and hosed them down! Billy loved it!

3 comments:

  1. That is one thing I really do miss from our house: the hose!! I makes cleaning up messes like that so much easier. I'm glad Billy liked the avocado and it looks like he's having a total blast with the hose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you have a yard! So much fun. I especially like the leaf he's sporting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naked babies are just so cute! And that is so sweet about Billy and Jay. I'm sure that just makes his day.

    ReplyDelete