Monday, June 14, 2010

Summer fun!



Thanks for the pics, Natalie!


We have had so much fun lately: a trip to AZ to see Jay's sister get married, hang out with family, and catch up with friends, a trip to San Antonio to see Dream Theater and visit with family, and my birthday, the big 31! So here's my excuse for not writing about everything sooner: I've been sooo sick! So apparently when you are pregnant, you are more susceptible to sickness and you get everything a lot worse than if you weren't pregnant. I wouldn't know. My first pregnancy was super easy! I think it all started with allergies in AZ (yes, I'm now allergic to AZ), and then on the plane ride home, it turned into a nasty cold with nasal congestion (that was the most miserable plane ride EVER). So the next day, my birthday, was spent either in bed or on the sofa! Still a good birthday, though! I didn't work the rest of the week, and ended up getting a z-pack from my OB. That was 2 days before we left for San Antonio. That same day, Billy woke up with a fever. Uh, what? This is the FIRST time he has ever been sick. I honestly wasn't too sure what to do! :) It went up to 101.6, so I called his pediatrician, and they had me bring him in. He diagnosed him with a viral infection that would just run it's course. Poor kid. So here we were leaving for San Antonio the next day, to stay with Bryan and Natalie, who have 2-month-old. No way I could have Billy around little Bryan. So we stayed in a hotel instead. Billy was kind of up and down during the weekend, and seems to be getting over it now, but he still has a cough. Is that the worst sound in the world, or what?? I feel so bad when I hear him cough!

I'll add more pics and a little video from the concert later . . . maybe! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm allergic to AZ now too! I can only surmise that pregnancy did it to me. Sorry you've been sick. I've heard that it's miserable to be sick preggo...I'm grateful I didn't have to experience it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! That sounds awful! I wish I could have taken Billy for a few hours! Miss you.

    ReplyDelete