Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas!



Sam HATES when I put clothes on him, but he looks so cute!

We had an awesome Christmas this year! We certainly missed our 3 week vacation to Arizona that we have enjoyed the past two years as graduate students, but it was also nice to spend Christmas together as a couple. We did miss being with our families, though. This was the first Christmas away for me, and Jay's first since his mission. Here are some things that we missed:
-See's candy - it's always plentiful at the Brimhall house! Some company actually gave my department at work a box, but my co-workers definitely did not appreciate the awesome goodness (they had never heard of it before) so I brought the box home for Jay and me!

-Poop logs - My mom makes chocolate candy and rolls it up in a log shape; enjoy the visual! (Thanks for sending us some, mom!)
-Christmas Eve dinner at the Brimhall's - mmm, yum
-Playing games with the Layton family
-Seeing our nephew Konrad - who we haven't seen since February when he was 1 month old!
-Going to Rocky Point, Mexico with the Brimhall's
-Watching Sam play with his cousins Bear, Dewey, and Olivia
-Getting together with friends

-Seeing our studly, volleyball playin' niece (Heather) and nephew (Eric)
-Watching Sam chase Maya as she runs screaming - thank goodness for our trip to San Antonio for Thanksgiving!



We hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, too!

5 comments:

  1. Beaty blog! If you want to make it look awesome I will totally help you. I love doing cool things to ours. I like Sam's pic at the top. Awesomeness. Miss you guys:) We had fun in mexico for you. you can see pics on our blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss Sam!! (Ally and Skeet do too!) I am so excited for you and Jay, parenthood is Awesome!! Kylie turned 6 weeks old today and I don't know where the time has gone and she has already changed so much (and we have too!) You really do learn their behavior! She started smiling yesterday on purpose!! Having your little girl smile at you because she knows its you is an amazing thing! Hope you had a great New Years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Im so glad I can blog stalk you now!! It's about time you got a blog. Ben and I have super boring lives and we even have one! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You forgot shooting with Rod and going hiking with the doggies up Senator HWY at the mine!! Good list though. Christmas was definitely different this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad you started a blog!!! I know this is going to sound totally cheesy, but it's like I can hear YOU telling these stories. See that's when you know it's good...when people write like they talk.

    Love you- glad you're doing well. Can't hardly wait for all the excitment coming your way!

    ReplyDelete