Saturday, November 20, 2010

NICU graduate!

I just got the BEST news: Reagan's NICU doctor has decided that she can come to my room tonight! Hooray! So that means we both get discharged together tomorrow. Woo hoo! There is still a little fluid in her lungs, but she's breathing well and eating well, and her little body is working to get rid of it on it's own. They think her hips are fine, as she isn't showing much sensitivity there anymore, but that's something we'll have to keep an eye on. She is sleeping like a champ, and eating every 3-4 hours (at least in NICU under constant nurse supervision and a quiet environment). I'll cross my fingers that will continue. Is it possible to get two good eaters and sleepers in a row? :)


This is her in the Neonatal Continuing Care Unit, where she spent less than 12 hours. Look closely at the blue plaque on the wall (upper right) for her "pod" number. Yep, that's a 12, my BYU vb number! Lucky number 12!

3 comments:

  1. Aw, she's a cutie. And I'm glad you will get discharged together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such good news. So happy for the all. She is beautiful and so is her name.

    ReplyDelete